Blog Archives

Are Equal Weight Indexes Bias-Free?

Over the past several years there’s been a lot of derogatory talk against traditional market cap weighted indexes.

And one of the oft-repeated arguments against traditional indexing that you’re guaranteed to read about or see is something like, “Market cap weighted indexes overweight overvalued large-cap stocks and underweight undervalued smaller-cap stocks.”

Read more ›

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Here’s Why a Total Market Approach is Better vs. the S&P 500

Last year, Warren Buffett said he would direct the trustees of his estate to put 90% of his remaining assets in an S&P 500 index fund and 10% in short-term government bonds.  Is there a better approach for individual investors to follow?

Although popular benchmarks like the S&P 500 get most of the headlines,

Read more ›

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

One FREE Month of ETF Premium

Click the report icon to sign up and receive one FREE month of ETF Premium Membership.


Show Buttons
Hide Buttons

Get One FREE Month of ETF Premium

Simply provide your email address and we'll give you One FREE Month of ETF Premium!